Make a Great First Impression:
Remember what first attracted you to your house when you bought it? What excited you about it most? When deciding how best to present your home for sale, it is helpful to try to get back into that buyer’s frame of mind.
- Spruce up your house and grab their attention
- A well manicured and taken care of home has less problems, or at least appears to
- Stand out from the competition and prepare your home before going on the market
- It should look good and smell good, give a buyer the whole experience
- What would you like to see if you were buying the home
Create a plan to enhance your property. Keep a notebook, and as you walk through your home and yard, make list of what needs to be done before you go on the market.
Here are some ideas for increasing your home’s appeal to potential buyers.
- Clean Everything!
- Cut the Clutter
- Organize Your Closets
- Add a Fresh Coat of Paint
- Check Condition of Flooring (carpet, tile, hardwood)
- Repairs and Renovations, if needed
- Check for Leaks and Moisture
- Curb Appeal
- Check Paint and/or Stain
- Enhance Your Landscaping
- Freshen Up Your Front Door
Handy Cleaning/Maintenance Checklist:
- Windows, sills and screens
- Walls and floors
- Tile and grout
- Cupboards and drawers
- Entire Kitchen, including Appliances
- Light Fixtures
- Ceiling Fans
- Carpet and Rugs
- Garage – Organize and Clean
- Laundry Room